Personal Information We Collect
Your personal information may be supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site at the following points:
1. when you browse, use, participate in any activity or service on the Site or post any notice on the Site.
2. when you respond to other online surveys, polls and purchases.
MAC respects the privacy of your personal information. Any personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Site will be used for the following purposes only:
1. because it is necessary to enable you to access or use a service on the Site;
2. to identify you when you access and use the Site in order for you to enjoy a customised and personalised experience;
3. to update and enhance our records and to advise you of other products or services which may be of interest to you; and
4. to improve the design and marketing of our range of products and services for your us.
The use of your personal information will be kept to the minimum required in order for us to continually monitor and improve our services to our customers and keeping you informed about our products, services and other opportunities within MAC.
Please note that you are given the option with respect to whether you agree to the foregoing collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information by us by choosing whether to submit the personal information or not. If you submit the personal information to us, we shall deem that as your consent and agreement to this MAC Privacy Statement.
If you decide that you do not want MAC to use your personal information or to share your personal information with third parties, you understand that this may in some cases impact on the availability of services and the quality of services that MAC may provide to you and may mean that the services provided to you (if possible at all) by MAC may not be customised for your use, may be less user-friendly and less efficient.
Your personal information will not be disclosed by us to any third party, unless we have your permission or we are under a legal obligation or duty to do so, except for disclosure to the following individuals or entities which you agree to:
1. government authorities or regulators;
2. our professional advisers, including without limitation our Medical Advisors, lawyers, and partner organisation;
3. our third-party service providers (including those who provide payment, administrative or other services to us in connection with the operation of the Site and/or of our business) or data processors; and
4. any agent acting on our behalf.
In particular, we do not rent or sell your personal information to any third party (unless as part of the sale of our entire assets or sale of our business as a going concern).
The Site may contain links to other web sites, including web sites belonging to our affiliates (the “Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of MAC and MAC is not responsible for any Linked Sites. You should note that any personal information that you provide to the Linked Sites are not subject to the MAC Privacy Statement, and we strongly recommend that you be aware of their privacy and security policies.
We wish to assure you that your personal information will be treated with high standards of security. MAC will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you. Your personal information is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, despite the aforementioned technology and security features, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and we cannot be responsible for event arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. MAC will not be held responsible for events arising from third parties gaining unauthorized access to your personal information.
Updating your Personal Information and contacting MAC
Depending on where you are situated, you may have the right to request access to and correction of personal information about you held by us. If you have that right and you wish to access or have the right to ask for correction or deletion of any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning this MAC’s Privacy Statement, please contact our:
Data Privacy Officer
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +603 – 4047 4222
Fax: +603 – 4050 4478
We will only withhold your access to your personal information in extremely limited circumstances, such as:
1. where it might be dangerous if you were to have it;
2. where it might prejudice an investigation currently underway;
3. where it relates to court proceedings and may be subject to the discovery process;
4. where it may relate to a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
5. where other individuals’ personal information is contained in the same record.
If you do not want your personal information to be used or to have your personal information shared with third parties, please e-mail us at [email protected] or please write to us at Malaysian AIDS Council No. 12, Jalan 13/48a, Sentul Raya Boulevard, 51000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Your request will be processed and routed to your relevant healthcare insurer or company whom is responsible and able to authorize the processing of any personal information.
This MAC Privacy Statement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights whatsoever or any other legal rights, nor does it create any obligations on us in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party.